Griddlers Cup

Refresh problem with Griddlers Cup

Toggle
Refresh problem with Griddlers Cup
Answer
7/2/20 7:29 AM
Is anyone else having a refresh problem with the Griddlers Cup?   
The clock counts down to zero; the "refresh page" link then appears which I click on.  There is then that teeth-gritting wait for the page to refresh and when it finally redraws the page I click on the "Solve" button and start to scan the puzzle and think "hang on, this is yesterday's puzzle"...  I close the old puzzle and find that the "refresh page to get new puzzle" link has now re-appeared on the already refreshed page.   It wasn't there the at moment I clicked on "Solve".  Clicking that link a second time refreshes the page again and then I do get the new puzzle.
I mention this as it has never happened in the past but has now occurred two days in a row.

I'm using Windows 7 with Chrome.   I will try flushing the browser cache to see if that makes a difference tomorrow.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Refresh problem with Griddlers Cup
Answer
7/2/20 6:23 AM as a reply to Andrea.
I had a similar problem. I got a yesterday's puzzle. Before I refreshed the page I lost several seconds. I use Win 8.1 and Chrome
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/20 6:04 AM as a reply to tomek.
Thank you for replying.  Now I know it isn't just me. 

I suspect there is a small lag between the clock hitting zero and the refresh link appearing to when the puzzle is actually updated.  Perhaps I have become faster at clicking!

(Update)  I got the correct puzzle today!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/20 6:18 AM as a reply to Andrea.
It may take a second to actually publish puzzle for g-cup. Those commands are queued , when the thread is busy it could be late. 
And also you local time may be different. I do some sync with server time but it is not accurate.
Rasto
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/3/20 7:49 AM as a reply to Ra100.
Ra100It may take a second to actually publish puzzle for g-cup. Those commands are queued , when the thread is busy it could be late. 
And also you local time may be different. I do some sync with server time but it is not accurate.
Rasto

Thank you for your reply.  I thought it might be something like that.  I must be getting overeager to hit that solve button!
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.