Java Problems

Au revoir :(

Bascule
Au revoir :(
Réponse
18/03/17 18:46
Sous linux, il est maintenant impossible de jouer avec le site. Bien dommage. toutes ces heures magnifiques que j'ai passé ici...
Prévenez moi quand vous décider d'aller vers une modernité sans java...
0 (0 Voter)

RE: Au revoir :(
Réponse
19/03/17 22:50 en réponse à Fanny Ardant.
There is no need to go, you can use Internet Explorer which still supports Java; if you use Michrosoft Edge, you go to the griddler site, then click the 3 dots on the upper right corner of your browser window and select "open with Internet Explorer".

If you use Firefox, go to https://www.mozilla.org//en-US/firefox/organizations/all/  click the blue download tap then select your language and system. This will enable Firefox to continue using Java.

I don´t know how many times I wrote these tips in the dozens of threads which emerge for the same issue, unfortunately people just don´t look if there already exists a thread to the same problem and so they simply can not find the information they seek. It is like fighting windmills - no chance at all.

It would be great if the griddlers team could post these solutions on the site news. There is a chance that more people just see it there and if not, it is faster and easeier just to say in the forum: go and look on the site news.

Thank you.
+1 (1 Voter)

Réponse
19/03/17 19:50 en réponse à Blueballoon ..
She can't use IE, she's under Linux.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
19/03/17 22:49 en réponse à Daniel Lesage.
You are right, I should read more carefully.

She can still use the Firefox, it works for Linux, just select the correct download from the page mentioned above.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
21/03/17 09:46 en réponse à Blueballoon ..
blueballon.It would be great if the griddlers team could post these solutions on the site news. There is a chance that more people just see it there and if not, it is faster and easeier just to say in the forum: go and look on the site news.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It's such an important issue that it should be adressed sitewide, not just in a few (more or less obscure) forum threads. It will probably save everyone's time and people will know that you are aware of the problem/situation. Does sound like a good thing to me.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
25/03/17 12:52 en réponse à Blueballoon ..
Blueballoon .There is no need to go, you can use Internet Explorer which still supports Java; if you use Michrosoft Edge, you go to the griddler site, then click the 3 dots on the upper right corner of your browser window and select "open with Internet Explorer".

If you use Firefox, go to https://www.mozilla.org//en-US/firefox/organizations/all/  click the blue download tap then select your language and system. This will enable Firefox to continue using Java.

I don´t know how many times I wrote these tips in the dozens of threads which emerge for the same issue, unfortunately people just don´t look if there already exists a thread to the same problem and so they simply can not find the information they seek. It is like fighting windmills - no chance at all.

It would be great if the griddlers team could post these solutions on the site news. There is a chance that more people just see it there and if not, it is faster and easeier just to say in the forum: go and look on the site news.

Thank you.
All download attempts fail (windows10 with latest updates)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
25/03/17 18:49 en réponse à John Brewer.
You mean the Firefox extended release? If so, I don´t know why, because I did it without problems. Yes with Windows 10 latest update.
+1 (1 Voter)

Réponse
27/03/17 22:48 en réponse à Blueballoon ..
Blueballoon, you have made my day. Did the download again and came back here this AM and it's working, thank you
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
27/03/17 22:58 en réponse à John Brewer.
You´re welcome emoticon
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
08/04/17 07:03 en réponse à Blueballoon ..
BlueBalloon  - Many thanks for the tip and also made my day!
I would like to mention that the 64bit version doesn't support Java
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
09/11/17 01:20 en réponse à Fanny Ardant.
I just wanted to add that although Firefox has deprecated java entirely as of next year, if you are on linux you can use the pale moon fork of firefox:

"sudo apt-get install palemoon"

or go to the webpage:

http://www.palemoon.org/

and run griddlers through pale moon, where java works out of the box with no plans to deprecate it in the future.

(you'll probably want to keep using a more mainstream browser for your non-griddler browsing needs, however)

Have a nice day,

~pat
0 (0 Voter)

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.