Discussions

New Puzzle list - continue

Váltás
New Puzzle list - continue
Válasz
2016.07.16. 17:27
I had a look at this a few weeks ago and hated it; I tried again today and it's improved enormously. In particular, if I pick "List" I get pagination, which makes it usable, though slow when searching old puzzles (I prefer the List style of index in any case). I still have some questions and issues; I'll see if I can remember them all!

It seems to remember the filters I was using, which is what I'll usually want ... but not the "List" selection. In a new session, I get the icons and have to reselect List.

I'd prefer the old-style Size filter, with different limits for height and depth, because on my laptop there's a lot more room across than down. Also, if I select size 0-30, I seem to get 30-something included, e.g. 32x32, so I don't understand what it's measuring; is it just approximate?

When I click through to solve something, I think the solving screen is the same as the "Lite" option that already existed, is that so? It doesn't seem to be as responsive as the Java version when Java is working, but the things I most miss about the Java version are: seeing the total mid-time and my total time when I finish a multi, and for large multis, being able to see the finished picture at a larger size. Can you do anything about the latter? Please add the total times!

Not directly related to the new index system - I'm using Lite at the moment because Java isn't working for me, and I don't get on well with Lite triddlers. Not being able to change the colours means some of the clues (and that part of the puzzle when I fill it in) are almost invisible, and the green completion marker seems to be missing from empty rows, so I don't know whether there are clues I can't see there or not. (In my case I think the Java not loading is a problem with my laptop, not a security thing: it's happened 3 or 4 times, Java stops working and there are some other symptoms, then, perhaps a couple of weeks later, a Windows update fixes it. I'm using Windows 7 and the latest Firefox; if somebody knows what this is and tells me that getting Windows 10 would fix it, that would be an incentive to upgrade, which I've been avoiding because of the hassle.)

What does Remove Add (or perhaps it's Hide Add) mean - that link at the bottom left of the solving screen? It disappears when clicked and I think it does something to the top part of the display. And those two numbers in black on a brownish cartouche, that appear near the top left when I move the mouse over the part-done puzzle - they're not the mouse coordinates, and don't seem to correlate with the clues. (The magnified clues-for-the-current-row-and-column are fine, apart from being in the wrong place; I think the mystery numbers are sometimes on top of them.)

Is there any plan to remove the 10000-puzzle limit on the displayed filter results, or add a date filter (so we can go back to a particular year, for instance); or to show multis as a single line instead of one per element? Will this new-style index replace the old one entirely at some point?

Thanks for all your hard work!
0 (0 Szavazatok)

RE: New Puzzle list - continue
Válasz
2016.07.30. 17:23 válaszként erre: Susan ..
Hi
here I am a bit later with an answers.
It seems to remember the filters I was using, which is what I'll usually want ... but not the "List" selection. In a new session, I get the icons and have to reselect List.
Persistent puzzle list is fixed, so now you should get it in state how you left it.

I'd prefer the old-style Size filter, with different limits for height and depth, because on my laptop there's a lot more room across than down. Also, if I select size 0-30, I seem to get 30-something included, e.g. 32x32, so I don't understand what it's measuring; is it just approximate?
First measuring - it is calculated as sqrt( width*height) and rounded to 5 .  So size 30 is up to 34x34 or even 10x89.
We plan to add the second parameter - orientation with values (shown as icons) - tall portrait, portrait, square, landscape , wide landscape.  
There is even the third option - make size selector as graphical component , drag mouse over the area. 
 seeing the total mid-time and my total time when I finish a multi, and for large multis, being able to see the finished picture at a larger size. Can you do anything about the latter?
Yes, I can do it. I'll do it.  
Not being able to change the colours
I think in lite triddlers it was never possible.

Hide Ad
Most probably you have some ad blocker so you don't see the banner. It should hide the banner below the puzzle. Please send me a screenshot before and after,
Is there any plan to remove the 10000-puzzle limit on the displayed filter results, or add a date filter (so we can go back to a particular year, for instance); or to show multis as a single line instead of one per element? Will this new-style index replace the old one entirely at some point?
10000 puzzles - I don't think so. It is performance consideration. 
Filter by year - maybe.
Replace the old list - when the java will be cmpletly blocked by browsers. Not sooner than after a year. 

Rasto
0 (0 Szavazatok)

Válasz
2016.08.21. 5:55 válaszként erre: Ra100.
Hi, one feature that would be nice in the new puzzle list would be a filter for whether a griddler is part of a partly solved multi (or completely or not at all)
0 (0 Szavazatok)

Válasz
2016.08.22. 18:08 válaszként erre: xitvono.
subscribers can  filter by Partially Solved.
0 (0 Szavazatok)

Válasz
2016.08.22. 22:45 válaszként erre: Elad ..
I am aware of that. What I mean is that it would be nice to sort individual pieces of partly solved multis.
0 (0 Szavazatok)

Fórum moderátorok: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.