Personal Events and Stories

Greetings from skiing holiday

Prepínač
Greetings from skiing holiday
Odpoveď
11.3.2005 19:53
I just came back from my short skiing holiday, which I spend with my family in central Finland. Winter holiday is called here as skiing holiday, for a certain reason. emoticon We actually went to ski, (cross country skiing) first time for me in ten years... And also tried snow shoes. That was fun! First pic is taken from a hill where we climbed with those shoes, second one taken from a lake nearby. We got amazing weather, perfect skiing holiday weather. Morning started with terrifying -25 celsius, but when sun started shining, temperature rose till -5. Sky was clear, cloudless, so there was a lot of sun shine. So beautiful that I wanted to take some pictures. And wanted to show that beautifullness for people here. :sunny:
0 (0 Hlasy)

Re: Greetings from skiing holiday
Odpoveď
12.3.2005 9:50 ako reakcia na Elina ..
Hi Elina,

Seeing these fotos, I definately have to go to Finland someday!! I have family in Kerava, an uncle of mine moved to Finland almost 35 years ago, and is still living there with his wife. He has asked me many times to come and visit him, but so far I haven't. Seeing how beautiful it is over there, I think I just have to go. Maybe not this year, I think it will be spring next year. What do you think is the best time of year to visit? I don't mind cold weather. emoticon

Maarten
0 (0 Hlasy)

Moderátori fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.