Prepínač
Birds
Odpoveď
5.6.2005 18:47
In chat friday I mentioned that lately I have spent a lot of time watching peregrines grow up in their nest and finally fly out into the world. I'm suffering empty nest syndrome emoticon

To quench my thirst for watching young birds I now found a German webcam on a stork's nest

This afternoon the 4th chick hatched.

Have fun, Caro emoticon
0 (0 Hlasy)

Re: Birds
Odpoveď
20.6.2005 16:35 ako reakcia na carootje.
I was very happy when I read your topic Caro, because for the past two weeks I've seen storks in about every Spanish village we passed through and only yesterday morning we were watching a couple of young ones flapping there wings and jumping up and down in an attempt to fly off. :angel8: It was a very funny sight!

But I just had a look at the site and there is only an empty nest :cry: As I understand it, all off them have died due to some lungdisease, caused by mould. What a shame...

To comfort you, it seems the Spanish population is doing very well, here are some photo's!

Jelga
0 (0 Hlasy)

Odpoveď
26.4.2006 21:26 ako reakcia na carootje.
Nearly a year later I had a look at this webcam again and guess what - the first egg was layed only yesterday! :binky:

It will take a while before the young storks will be there. If you want to see hatching eggs sooner than that - here is another webcam, showing an Eagles nest in Canada:
Eagles Eye
During day time (Eagles Time Zone) you get live images, during the night they re-run last days happenings. The site does have a lot of visitors - so you might need some patience before the birds show up.

Have fun watching!

Jelga
0 (0 Hlasy)

Odpoveď
6.5.2006 12:12 ako reakcia na carootje.
The peregrinenest is back online. This time with sound, infrared camera and camera on the outside. It is the same couple of parents, who had twindaughters last year. This year they have 4 chiks, 2 girls and 2 boys. They will leave the nest probably late this month or the beginning of june. Enjoy watching, Caro
0 (0 Hlasy)

Odpoveď
9.5.2006 8:00 ako reakcia na carootje.
And if birds of prey scare you, you might want to see mum and dad Great Tit raise 7 or 8 youngsters (hatched May 8 and 9, 2006)
0 (0 Hlasy)

Moderátori fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.