|New Applet for Triddlers|
Why the Change?
Technologies move forward. New browsers require new applications. We decide that now is the time for us to answer the advanced needs and create a new applet for Triddlers.
The Benefits for Everyone
The new applet is graphically better: the fonts of the clues are clearer, the contrast between the clues and the background color is better.
The new applet provides more tools, as follows:
- You can check out clues and mark O and X on the grid.
Shift+Left-Click - places a "o" on the clues and/or the grid area.
Ctrl+Left-Click - removes the "o".
Drag+Shift/Ctrl Left-Click - places/removes several "o"s.
- There are a lot of shortcut keys to use, like Ctrl-S for saving, Ctrl-P for pausing and more.
- When closing the puzzle window the system asks you whether you want to save, so you won't lose your work.
- If you want to know the author better, get more info about them or send them a message - click on the name of the author in the applet.
The Benefits for Subscribers
All the benefits provided to the subscribers by the iGridd Applet and Webstart are available in the new applet, like:
- Save up to 50 puzzles online.
- Save locally an unlimited number of puzzles and solve them offline.
- Printing puzzles to solve on paper.
- Change the color of the grid, grid5, and guides.
- Change the color of the Solving Area grid.
- Zoom in/out a solved triddler.
- Have the applet paused automatically if it is idle for 10 minutes.
Puzzles you saved via the old applet can be solved only by the old applet. During the next 6 weeks the puzzles that you saved via the old applet will be available for you to complete under the tab Old Save. Once you finish solving those records the tab Old Save will be gone.
Please take care of your saving records as soon as possible and don't postpone it to later. One day the old applet will no longer be useful.
How to Use
A detailed manual of the new applet is available in HERE. You can also open it via the menu: Help --> Triddlers --> How to Use
Please take the time to read it, not only to know the new applet better but to make sure you don't miss any cool feature.